So much going on that my head is spinning… or maybe that’s just the annual spring migraine uptick or ME/CFS/long covid issues… Or maybe just my Heather Hazard-ness kicking in. Either way, it’s been a hot second since I’ve had a chance to jump on here and a pretty warm minute since I’ve had much time to write.
And God has been doing SO much, I can really only scratch the surface.
Most recently, He moved us to host an exchange student. With 10 days notice. During our youngest’s final semester of her senior year. And it’s wonderful. She is precious, fun, and funny and has been a blessing to our home. She also knows about God but doesn’t truly know Him, making the opportunity itself precious.
My prayer is for her to come to a deeper understanding of the love of the Father, the sacrifice of the Son, and the leading of the Holy Spirit and to surrender her life to this unfathomable and yet personal God I love and serve. I would be honored for anyone who wishes to join me in this prayer.
Lord use me as You wish.
There is so much else, I can’t really get into it, but here’s a quick bullet point update:
- I improved the photography curriculum on my Teachers Pay Teacher’s store (linked).
- I had covid again, though my guess is the omicron variant since I feel frequently sicker with ME/CFS!
- Speaking of feeling sicker, I also recently had bronchitis. Yes, my body’s tradition of spending the second half of any school year I work outside the home seems to continue. Alas!
- I forgot to share my last offering written for my church family – a brief thought on Sabbath (linked).
- Currently praying about time to write since I have 3 solid fiction ideas, a dozen solid studious ideas, 0 minutes to devote to it at present, and -5 platforms/interested parties in publishing (which, of course, makes the whole thing harder to justify).
- Also praying about what to do when no longer teaching after this semester and trusting God’s call.
- Determined to get back to the blogosphere soon.
In the meantime, feel free to share my curriculum store and read my little devo for my church!